The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these websites for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional with a specialization in Economics/Agriculture Economics. This position is for the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA). S/he will report to the Regional Program Leader, CCAFS – South Asia.
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA), Delhi.
- Design, implement and monitor the field surveys for evaluation of climate-smart technologies, practices, and services in South Asia;
- To analyze data collected from field surveys and through literature (research articles and reports) using the indicator-based framework;
- To conduct statistical, econometric and optimization modeling for the development of an investment plan of climate-smart agriculture;
- To conduct training and capacity building activities for scaling out of climate-smart agriculture in the region;
- Preparation of research reports, journal manuscripts, policy briefs, and other communication products.
- Represent CCAFS-BISA-CIMMYT in consultations with public and private institutions and other stakeholders of climate-smart agriculture.
- Undertake any other general duties as per the needs and advice of the Project Leader.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills, and attitudes:
- Master or Ph.D. in economics, agriculture economics, environmental economics, and related subjects;
- Experience in designing and conducting field surveys, training and capacity building activities in climate-smart agriculture and/or general agricultural area;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar area is desirable;
- Advance knowledge of statistics, econometrics, and optimization (medium to advance level)
- Proficient in using STATA or similar statistical tools (MATLAB, R, GAMS). Knowledge of mathematical programming is highly desirable;
- Excellent English written and speaking skills.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Trackback from your site.