(NRS Position based in Palghar in Maharashtra, India)
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Hub Coordinator depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA).
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) Palghar, Maharashtra.
The major activities of this position include:
- Help Identify local needs and relevant agricultural technologies that offer a high potential impact on the productivity of the agricultural system in the tribal district of Maharashtra.
- Facilitate and form partnerships among a wide range of public and private organizations, farmers, educational and research institutions to design, tests, validate and effectively deliver integrated technologies for the development and dissemination of climate smart agriculture in the assigned area or projects of the Hub.
- Collaborate in improving local training materials and approaches for implementing the activities of frontline with extension staff, farmers and the private sector in a coordinated manner.
- Develop records and reports on the performed tasks and achieved results in the assigned project(s), assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Implement integrated action plans to generate adaption and extension of climate smart agricultural practices.
- Coordinate technical support and field activities in the assigned area of the project.
- Be responsible for basic administration and budgets of projects assigned by the Project Manager.
- Assume an exploratory role, make contacts, establish relationships, and identify the actors open to collaboration, for new projects or start-up areas assigned by the Hub Manager.
- Report to the Project Manager any abnormal situation that occurs in the development of the assigned project for immediate correction.
- Coordinate project’s activities in Maharashtra.
Required qualification, skills and experiences of the perspective candidate:
- Bachelors’ Degree in any subject or Technical, Vocational or professional qualification requiring 2 or more years’ study (for non-science positions)
- 5-10 years of experience – Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of the field of work or specialized equipment.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Basic supervisory skills and experience
Deadline: Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Email cover letter and CV no later than 21st June 2016, Tuesday to Human Resources, CIMMYT/BISA India
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: D16425 in the subject of your email)
We would greatly appreciate your assistance in bringing this announcement to the attention of qualified candidates.
If you or the candidate needed more information on the position, please contact the Human Resources Department.
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT/BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Trackback from your site.