The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR).
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional as consultant of India Focal Point depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within BISA’s new collaboration with WorldFish. WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization with headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, and offices in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. WorldFish’s mission is to harness the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce poverty and hunger in developing countries. Please refer to this website for more information: www.worldfishcenter.org
The position will be based at Delhi.
- Serve as the focal point for WorldFish in India and facilitate preparation of the India-WorldFish partnership strategy.
- Lead engagement with Indian stakeholders to conduct analysis and solicit contributions to the India-WorldFish partnership strategy.
- Liaise with ICAR HQ and ICAR Fisheries Research Institutions (CIFA, CIFRI and CIFT) and other key public and private sector stakeholders in identifying key areas for future cooperation.
- Liaise with WorldFish Research projects in India, and key research teams (Sustainable Aquaculture, Small Scale Fisheries, Value Chains and Nutrition) in Penang and elsewhere.
- Work in consultation with Indian and WorldFish scientists and development partners to undertake scoping analysis of the aquacultrue and fisheries sectors in India, in order to identify priority areas for India-WorldFish collaboration to achieve development impact at scale within India.
- Facilitate consultations, exchange visits, theory of change workshops in order to develop a coherent India strategy for translating aquaculture and fisheries research to development impact.
- Lead preparation of a analytical scoping paper, tentatively titled “Fish in Indian food systems” which will consider and highlight the value of fisheries to food security, human nutrition, livelihoods, poverty reduction and income.
- Lead drafting of the India-World strategy document, based on the stakeholder consultation and analytical scoping paper.
- Maintain strong collaboration with key donor (USAID, IFAD, BMGF, World Bank) and development (State Fisheries Departments, NFDB, Department of public health, Department of tribal welfare, etc) and CGIAR partners in India.
- Represent WorldFish in consultations with Indian public and private institutions and stakeholder groups.
- Undertake any other general duties as per the needs and advices of the Project Leader.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Master degree or PhD in Fisheries Science / Agricultural Sciences /Zoology / Life Sciences/economics/social Sciences/business management with minimum 15 years of experience in research, development or policy in private or public sectors.
- Proven leadership experience in working managing diverse and gender-balanced teams.
- Proven analytical and writing capabilities related to strategy and policy development in an area of relevance to aquaculture and fisheries.
- Innovative thinker, able to explore new avenues, business opportunities, new partnerships and impactful ways of working.
- Experience in working with private sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with modern social media and marketing skills
The assignment is for an initial 1 year consultancy contract, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Friday, 22nd June, 2018 to Human Resources, CIMMYT/BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: Consultant –India Focal Person
This assignment will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Trackback from your site.